CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Whole system is haywire, what's going on?!

n0rthstar

The '98 STS has started acting up very weird all of a sudden. You will recall here http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=10830 that this is the '98 STS which was having coolant leakage problems. They replaced the rad, but the coolant still seems to be leaking, and now we have run into some other problems.

The engine overheated on Thursday night, as it had been leaking coolant and was very low. After refilling it seemed to drive okay, but since the morning after, a whole bunch of things have failed.

I think they may be related to a failing module or fuses or something of the sort, so I am going to go through the book to try and figure things out but thought people might be able to throw some suggestions my way while I'm looking.

*Current codes

*NO ABS DATA

U1255 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (Serial Data Line Malfunction)

P1602 - Knock Sensor (KS) Module Performance

C1760 - Left Front Position Sensor Input Fault

C1780 - Loss of Steering Position Signal

C1783 - ICCS2 DL Left Output Short Circuit to GND

C1785 - ICCS2 DL Right Output Short Circuit to GND

*History

P1644 - Traction Control Delivered Torque Output Circuit

Symptoms:

- Parking break no longer automatically releasing upon shift out of "P"

- FRONT heated seats no longer working (the buttons light up, but no "HIGH/LOW" or indication they work)

- Rearview Compass not lighting up, even upon LED test when entering OBDII diagnostic (it should light up at that point)

- (TC) and ((ABS)) warning lights are steady

- Front fan not directing airflow, responsive to fan strength setting but ignores temperature and where to send the air, i.e. even with fan set on high and front vents, all air is directed through th events under the dash

- A/C not coming on, air coming through is hot as hell

Any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.

No ABS, and traction control data sounds like someone has unplugged the wheel bearing sensors.

Actually that might be the whole problem here.

Look at the sensor on the drivers side.

As far as the coolant leak, did you put the tabs in when they replaced the rad?

Big Jay

Life is too short to grow up!

The '98 STS has started acting up very weird all of a sudden. You will recall here http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=10830 that this is the '98 STS which was having coolant leakage problems. They replaced the rad, but the coolant still seems to be leaking, and now we have run into some other problems.

The engine overheated on Thursday night, as it had been leaking coolant and was very low. After refilling it seemed to drive okay, but since the morning after, a whole bunch of things have failed.

I think they may be related to a failing module or fuses or something of the sort, so I am going to go through the book to try and figure things out but thought people might be able to throw some suggestions my way while I'm looking.

*Current codes

*NO ABS DATA

U1255 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (Serial Data Line Malfunction)

P1602 - Knock Sensor (KS) Module Performance

C1760 - Left Front Position Sensor Input Fault

C1780 - Loss of Steering Position Signal

C1783 - ICCS2 DL Left Output Short Circuit to GND

C1785 - ICCS2 DL Right Output Short Circuit to GND

*History

P1644 - Traction Control Delivered Torque Output Circuit

Symptoms:

- Parking break no longer automatically releasing upon shift out of "P"

- FRONT heated seats no longer working (the buttons light up, but no "HIGH/LOW" or indication they work)

- Rearview Compass not lighting up, even upon LED test when entering OBDII diagnostic (it should light up at that point)

- (TC) and ((ABS)) warning lights are steady

- Front fan not directing airflow, responsive to fan strength setting but ignores temperature and where to send the air, i.e. even with fan set on high and front vents, all air is directed through th events under the dash

- A/C not coming on, air coming through is hot as hell

Any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.

Check the Battery connections for corrosion or looseness. Check areas where the dealer might have disconnected or damaged a wiring harness.

Archived