CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Plastic panel on the door...how to change?

Uffe6y

Is it possible to change the plastic panel on the outside of the door? Someone was nice and scratch it on the parkingarea. How much do they cost and how are they mounted?

Regards Uffe from sweden

Is it possible to change the plastic panel on the outside of the door? Someone was nice and scratch it on the parkingarea. How much do they cost and how are they mounted?

Regards Uffe from sweden

please please one at a time

Uffe6y,

I have a 1995 FSM which, of course, cannot be relied upon to apply to your vehicle, but it is of your vintage.

The Factory Service Manual describes the body side moldings as being adhesively applied. It further states that with careful attention they can be reused.

The instructions for removing the body side moldings are relatively sparse: "Using a thin bladed tool inserted between molding and sheet metal, carefully pry molding away from body."

I've never tried it, but folk here have described removing emblems using fishing line to "saw" through the adhesive. Maybe that technique might work on a body side molding?

Regarding installation, the manual states: "Apply a thin film of adhesive to back of molding/emblem and press in place. If Loctite 414 adhesive (GM Part 1052621) or equivalent is used, apply constant pressure to molding for 30 seconds or until a firm bond is made. Be sure to use the minimum amount of adhesive required. Adhesive drips or squeeze-out may result in paint damage."

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Likely yes if available. Which door?

I´ts the back passangerdoor

Regards Uffe from sweden

I find a site the sell the bodyside moldings...but it says 93-96...I have just find a molding from a sts 92 on a junkyard

,,,does it not fit?

The fishing line trick works.... worked for me, anyway....

I used "glide" dental floss, but the concept is the same....

Archived