CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Used Wheels

MAC

I've been looking at these used OEM chrome wheels on ebay but I'm hesitant to buy them since they're peeling in the inside and need major restoration/cleaning. Are they worth $325, which includes $150 shipping? For an extra $100-$200 I could buy wheels in much better shape. I emailed the seller and asked if there was any chrome flaking on the front but I didn't get a response. Also, there's no description indicating the overall condition of the chrome.

ebay wheels

Well if you aint happy he doesn't care..

I see he has a good 99.2% positive rating but if you're unhappy your one negative feedback won't matter to him at all ... I think you'll get what you order and you're on your own from there basically.

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

LKQ is a huge auto dismantler with locations in several states. I bought an analog instrument cluster from them and it looks perfect (although I haven't installed it or checked it out yet). I'm sure they are accurately representing the wheels in their listing. They say the chrome is peeling on the backs and in the photos, the backs look pretty awful. The fronts look like the deterioration is coming through at the holes. The photos show lots of spotting on the fronts. Will it clean up or is it corrosion or whatever is going on in the back starting to come through? I don't know. The listing is about to end and nobody's bid yet. Nobody else thinks they are a good deal. Usually, on E-bay, if something has value and is low priced, it will attract bids. I would pass on them. I don't think you'd be happy with them given how sharp your Eldo looks.

Just my opinion

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

I would stay away from them if they are pealing in any way.

You can find way better deals for good ones.

Even if you don't go wit OEM, just remember to look for 115mm bolt pattern.

Big Jay

Life is too short to grow up!

Archived