CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1998 Cadillac

Jason15036

Hey there, I hope you guys can help me. I am selling the airbags out of my car and I need to know what the airbag module is. Where is located on my car and can I remove it. Not familiar with the airbags on this car.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You, Jason

I'm not certain about the 2000, but in the past Cadillac has always planted the SDM (Sensing and Diagnostic Module) under the driver's seat.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Well I am asking the question for a 1998 STS. Thanks for the quick reply. Do you think it is under the driver seat in a 1998 STS.

Thanks for your help. Jason

According to the 1998 Seville FSM: "Under the right hand front seat, near the number two bar."

Sorry I misread your post.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

This should pretty much nail it for you . . . . . .

post-416-1160946332_thumb.jpg

Posted Image

Thanks for all your help.

You're very welcome.

One CAUTION: wait at least one minute after disconnecting the battery before you touch any SIR components. For thirty seconds or so, the SDM retains enough charge to ignite the air bags.

Heck, I'd wait five. :)

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Archived