CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Inadvertant Power?

Jeff

I have no interior lights, and no cigarette lighter power. Don't smoke, but sure do need my XM radio!! :P

There are two (I guess you call them relays) down under the fuse block that is under the hood. When you take that cover off, there is another set of fuses (great big blade type) down there above the wheel well. There also two "relays". One "relay" is marked IGNITION and one is marked INADVERT PWR. They are identical.

Back when my car wasn't starting, I found that the IGNITION one was bad, so I swapped it with the INADVERT one and she cranked. So now I need to replace that one. Do any of you know what to ask for or know a number for that?

Thanks again gentlemen...

Jeff

I have no interior lights, and no cigarette lighter power. Don't smoke, but sure do need my XM radio!! :P

There are two (I guess you call them relays) down under the fuse block that is under the hood. When you take that cover off, there is another set of fuses (great big blade type) down there above the wheel well. There also two "relays". One "relay" is marked IGNITION and one is marked INADVERT PWR. They are identical.

Back when my car wasn't starting, I found that the IGNITION one was bad, so I swapped it with the INADVERT one and she cranked. So now I need to replace that one. Do any of you know what to ask for or know a number for that?

Thanks again gentlemen...

Jeff

Take the bad one with you to the parts shop see if they can match it. Usually they have numbers on them. I would be worried about what caused the first problem.

Archived