CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Abs and Traction control lights? 98 Deville

Bill4209

After I changed the rear disc brake pads on my 98 Deville I now have the ABS and Traction control lights on and stay on. I did not break a thing.I removed the lower bolt.....swung the caliper out and up.....removed the worn pads....put the new ones in....swung the caliper back down.....replaced the lower bolt.......All went well........Start up..Then these two lights.Test drive went fine.All O.K. Can anyone tell me what I did or maybe did? Please help......

Check the wheel speed sensor wires (shouldn't even need to take the wheel off if you can get under the vehicle). Thats the most common mistake with the rear brakes.

You made need to clear the codes afterwards.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Check the wheel speed sensor wires (shouldn't even need to take the wheel off if you can get under the vehicle). Thats the most common mistake with the rear brakes.

You made need to clear the codes afterwards.

Thank You very much......That was the problem.The harness seperated.All O.K. now. Bill....................

Archived