CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2000 Cadillac STS

Jason15036

My 2000 STS has some problems I have codes C1246, and code B0029.

I know c1246 has something to do with the brakes I think, and B0029 has something to do with the airbag. Can anyone help me with this so that I can fix these problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Jason

I replaced the pads and the sensors and the message still stays on the dash. There nothing else that could trigger it. I guess I will check all my sensors again but I know I did it good.

Thank You, Jason

Do you know what I can do about the airbag problem, what can I do to fix the problem.

The sensor curcuit may still be cut if the sensors had a bit of wear, Basically the sensor is just a wire that runs through the plastic and when the pads wear out, the wire gets cut.

I did not want to pay for new sensors on mine, so I just closed the curcuit by connecting the wire together.....

Yea I tried clearing them and it pops right back up. I guess I'll go over my sensors all real good and see if one is messed up. So if alll the sensors are good though the message should go off right. It drives me nuts both caddy's i have had has this message and tired of seeing it. Im going to wear out the info button to erase the message off my dash.

Thanks for all the advice guys. It appreciated. The site is great.

Jason

Archived