CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CTS-V

Triumphguy

Just saw my first CTS-V on the road yesterday. Lookin’ good. The pictures I’ve seen don’t do them justice. Don’t know now if I can keep my ’97 STS for another three and a half years like originally planned. Although, I don’t know how many used ones will be on the market before then. Anyone know what the production numbers is projected to be? Also, I couldn’t make out the model letters and numbers on the trunk lid but they didn’t appear to be CTS-V. Anyone know what they might be?

Bringing the STS into my neighborhood garage this week for an oil change. The oil consumption seems to be getting worse. Use to be two quarts between changes. This time I added 3 and the ‘check oil level’ message is coming on again. I changed to Valvoline Maxlife even though I’ve only got 64K on it and that didn’t appear to help at all. Also have done plenty of WOT to keep the carbon out. I recall posts about checking for leaks. Is it the oil cooler lines that frequently need tightening? I’m also going to have them see if they can tighten any oil pan bolts that they can get to. Any thing else I should tell them to look at when their under there?

Also getting suspension noises in the front end when going over bumps with the wheels turned. Was it strut or stabilized bar bushings that usually need replacing? Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Use to be two quarts between changes. This time I added 3 and the ‘check oil level’ message is coming on again.

What are your oil change inertvals? Mine uses 2-3 qts between changes but I get 7K between changes so that does not average out too bad.

Archived