CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Warrenty

jtcaddy

Hello

I need some advice should i go and buy an extended warrenty plan for my seville 1999 sts i have some problems with my car and was thinking of buying an extended warrenty plan and then having the warrenty work for me in that aspect. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jae Thompson mileage on car 78000.

Most warranties go to 100,000 miles or 6 years from the date the car was put in service, whichever comes first. I would think you would have to take a look at how much time you have left as to whether it would be practical or not.

In general, I would say that the GM extended warranty is well worth it. These highly equipped cars can run into expensive problems.

i bought my 97 eldorado with 50 000 kilomters, i bought the extended warranty.

after mt factory waranty ran out my engine needed replacing my tranny needed replacing . a thousand dollar brake line blew, it saved me HUGE dude get the biggest warranty you can get

Extended warranties are always a gamble. Personally I never buy them and have always come out ahead, but then I do my own maintainance. If you do not do your own maintainance then labor costs are a big factor. Bottom line is do you think you will spend more in repair costs during the life of the warranty than the cost of the warranty. That's a decission/gamble only you can make.

Archived