CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Help with AC/Heat

NCCaddy

'94 STS -- fan/blower quit working over the weekend. Was hoping to get some help on figuring out what it can be. Heat nor AC coming through vents. Any info would be gratly appreciated.

It could be just dirty connection where your blower plugs in. First I would check for a blown fuse, then check to see if there is a blower relay and check it out. It could also be the blower control module. I am not sure if the module is separate from the motor on a 94 or not. If it is you could just change that, if not, you will have to change the blower motor. Also if you find that the blower control module is separate just clean the terminals on that before you tear into it. That is all I can think of at the moment. Good Luck.

On your 94 Seville their should be a fuse panel in your trunk. Check the CNSL SW, CNSL FAN, and HVAC/DABIE fuses. Their is also a fuse panel in the engine compartment, check the ING 3 fuse there. Also, check the maxi fuse panel in the engine compartment. On the RH Maxi fuse block check fuse marked "Fuse 4", this fuse will shut your blower down. The fun part starts when you replace a blown fuse and it blows again which means there is a wire grounded out somewhere. You would need a service manual to chase a short down. I do not know if this helps but I spent more than 6 months just following this board and checking the archives until I figured out the short in my 92 Deville. Good Luck.

Archived