CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

EVAP system

rev

hello everyone, can someone tell me where i can check my EVAP system for leaks on my 99 deville?

i keep getting the o442 code with engine light and "check gas cap" warning. so far i have replaced the cap, but am not sure where the most likely place is that may be leaking. is there an "EVAP" system diagram for this car? thank's

I think the "likely" place is the cap. That's why they put that message in there. Since you have eliminated it, check the EVAP purge valve and associated vacuum lines. On my '97 it was located on the rear cam cover. If that is OK, you may want to trace the lines back to the tank. The purge valve could also be a problem.

thank's ranger, where is the "purge valve" located, and is there somewhere that i can find a complete diagram of the hoses involved in this system?, my 26 model T looks a little different under the hood than the cad!!!!!!LOL

I still have a '99 FSM from my daughters SLS and checked it. It appears that the EVAP purge valve is located on the passenger side of the rear cam cover next to the coil pack. The lines also run to a canister that stores gas fumes til start up. It appears to be located down under the battery or somewhere in that vicinity (hard to tell from the diagrams). Don't confuse it with the vacuum reservoir (I think that is spherical in shape and the canister is rectanular. Check all those lines as well as the canister for leaks or cracks.

thank's ranger, would it be a black plastic rectangular box i found under the rear of the car between the drivers side rear wheel and the tail light?

it's about 8"X 4". (it seems to be in line with the fuel filler neck.

Archived