CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Service parts identification label

I have recently recorded all the options my 93 Eldo has from the service parts identification label located in the trunk. I choose not to include the list with this post, rather lengthy, 38 different items. Unfortunately, I have been unable to locate anything on line to determine what the different codes mean. Does anyone know of a location, besides the dealer for dicephering these codes.

Thanks...

Hi, I had the same question awhile back and someone was good enough to give me this link---www.s10blazers.com/rpo_codes.htm-- I do not know how to do this so you can click on this,but it has rpo codes for GM products,not just blazers.Hope it helps,Scott

In addition to many Internet sites, also check eBay for a pocket-sized book called "GM Production Options". It's produced by GM SPO and lists all the RPO (Regular Production Option) codes for numerous years. The edition I have is "Effective May, 1999" and has information for GM cars and trucks up to and including model year 1999.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Hi, I didn't know about that book. I have found most of my rpo's,but a few I cannot find. Would you be willing to look in your book and see what then following are-- DEH,R1F,V73,YM1,YM4,YN6,Y28,OZB,6LB,& 7LB. If there are too many, I understand. But thanks a bunch if you can, Scott

Sure, no problem. I'll look them up tonight when I get home. The 6LB and 7LB codes are your suspension options. You should also have an 8xx and a 9xx. I'll check the rest this evening.

DEH,R1F,V73,YM1,YM4,YN6,Y28,OZB,6LB,& 7LB

Scott, I can only locate a few of your codes:

DEH: Detroit/Hamtramck Assembly Plant

V73: Antenna Fixed (if you have a power antenna, I don't know why this code shows up; I have this code also, even though my car has a power antenna)

YM1/YM4: Somthing to do with the accent stripe. I have YM5, which is accent stripe delete. If yours has one, or has a special one, this is what this code would indicate.

0ZB: I'm thinking this is your rear leaf spring code. Your car is a '93 Eldorado, which has a single transverse leaf I understand. Normally, you'd have 8-- and 9-- codes for the left rear and right rear springs, respectively. But GM used a 0-- code for cars with single transverse leaves.

6LB: This is the spring code for the left front coil spring (actually, 6 denotes left front, and LB is the actual spring code).

7LB: This is the spring code for the right front coil spring (7 = right front; LB = spring code).

Thanks for looking those up for me.Appreciate it. Actually I have 88 Eldo,the thread was started by gentleman with 93 Eldo.Thanks again,Scott

Oh that's right -- well then in '88, you definitely have a single transverse rear leaf.

Archived