CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

There has got to be a way

Asidreflex

Ok, I just got this mint 95 Concours. I am trying to install my JVC cd, mp3, wma player with the USB drive on the front, its awesome. So i have that factory amp in the back and everywhere i go they tell me i need this $60 wiring kit that I have to bypass the amp and wire all the speakers up without it. That doesnt make sense, there has to be a way to wire in the factory amp to work through my cd player. If i could only find a wiring diagram for all the stereo wires i could figure it out but in the Chiltons and Haynes manual thay dont have stereo diagrams (waste if $20)! If anyone out there knows what I can do or where i can go please let me know!

Asidreflex@yahoo.com

Ok, I just got this mint 95 Concours. I am trying to install my JVC cd, mp3, wma player with the USB drive on the front, its awesome. So i have that factory amp in the back and everywhere i go they tell me i need this $60 wiring kit that I have to bypass the amp and wire all the speakers up without it. That doesnt make sense, there has to be a way to wire in the factory amp to work through my cd player. If i could only find a wiring diagram for all the stereo wires i could figure it out but in the Chiltons and Haynes manual thay dont have stereo diagrams (waste if $20)! If anyone out there knows what I can do or where i can go please let me know!

Asidreflex@yahoo.com

Buy the stero mounting kit and wiring harness from tunetown, you will also need to buy a roolof 16ga stranded wire from home depot, or similar, and make 25 foot long sections of each wire, and just hook opne end to the wire harness adaptor in the trunk and route it to the aftermarket wire harness in the front! it may take a while, but if you do it right it wll all work properly, I did it in my 94 seville and it took about an hour, hardest part is routing the harness.

With that harness, does that bypass the factory amp, or does it still use it? Im trying to basically run all the speakers still off that amp threw the cd player. What about wiring it in from the connector up front at the radio? And tunetown, is that a store or a webpage?

I had my eclipse deck put into my 96 sts with a bose system, i had to purhcase a special module (150 canadian) for it so that the deck would work with my bose system and still use the factory amps, the factory bose system is a low empedance system so the factory amps will not work without the module

I had my eclipse deck put into my 96 sts with a bose system, i had to purhcase a special module (150 canadian) for it so that the deck would work with my bose system and still use the factory amps, the factory bose system is a low empedance system so the factory amps will not work without the module

it bupassed the amp, and used your headunit to connect directly to the speakers and power inputs, note that if you want a radio, you need to run a wire from the antenna in the trunk to the front. You shouldn't have any other problems.

it bupassed the amp, and used your headunit to connect directly to the speakers and power inputs, note that if you want a radio, you need to run a wire from the antenna in the trunk to the front. You shouldn't have any other problems.

http://www.tune-town.com/

Archived