CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

new rear bumper

I need a new rear bumper for my 93 sts. any ideas on how much this will run me. I cant get it painted til I get this part obviously, but a crazy price will put off the painting anyways. by the way I got an estimate from two sources both roughly 2800 minus the bumper is this what I should be paying for a quality shine?

I need a new rear bumper for my 93 sts. any ideas on how much this will run me. I cant get it painted til I get this part obviously, but a crazy price will put off the painting anyways. by the way I got an estimate from two sources both roughly 2800 minus the bumper is this what I should be paying for a quality shine?

You can get a new STS bumper cover on Ebay for about 150. It should not cost more than 250-300 to paint. It's pretty easy to remove and replace. Try this Ebay link http://cgi.ebay.com/92-97-CADILLAC-SEVILLE...1QQcmdZViewItem

By the way I am not connected to the Ebay seller in any way. Shop around and get the best deal!.......Rob

that sounds a little cheap for a paint job, will that really get the job done? I was expecting to pay something near 2,000 does it differ by area?

I am sorry, I guess I read your post to quick. I thought you meant just the bumper...not the whole car :P .

You can spend any where between 2000 to 5000 or more on a quality paint job! Sorry again....Rob

Oh hell yes you can spend 2k just getting started for a complete repaint and they won't even want to do the jambs and such things.. that said, a complete refinishing is the right way to fix it if you go that route.

I am a big old fan of finding a piece from a similar car and installing that.. Climate variations and owner garaging habits do make a difference, BUT, 90+% of the time you will end up with just almost a perfect match.

I can't imagine that you'd spend more than something in the low hundreds for a bumper.. but I guess they are high some times.

Sometimes you can find a totalled to hell similar automobile for around a grand or two though (maybe alot less) so that would be well worth it for all of the potential future savings on parts and you'd get a good matching replacement bumper

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

Archived