CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Does anyone know?

Bentham

Hi once again. I've called several places today and everyone is telling me to crawl under the car and size it up then call 'em back.. But with 2 ft. of now and 20 degree weather I'm not into that.

Anyway - I'm in search of mufflers!

I need to replace them both, and I'm probably looking at purchasing Dynomax Super Turbos. Can anyone give me some specs so I can sound somewhat intelligent when talking to Dynomax retailers :)

Thanks to Bob D. to the help thus far.

Oh, and do I need 'single intlet, dual outlets' ? Where do the two outlets connect?

-Eric

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

95 Chev Blazer 143K [garaged summers] :)

Tell you what, I sent this to you as a message, but I'll post it for anyone else who might need the numbers.

Bentham, all I can tell you is what worked on my '93 STS, which should work perfectly for your '93 SLS:

Again, the mufflers are 20" long, x10"wide, X5"oval. 2 1/2 inch CENTER,CENTER (no offset) both ends, single pipe.

You should be able to get a part # from Dynomax's website, or tech help line.

Thier sales dept. should be able to steer you towards a rep.

Good luck... ;)

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

*claps.. Thank you! I will get in touch with Dynomax

They told me to get part ....17748

and ''They will be a 4 1/4" x 9 3/4" oval with a 30" long shell'''

Bob D said No to that :)

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

Nope. The 17748 is the right one for 1998+ SLS and STS. It is a much shorter muffler and would most likely be too loud on a 1992-1997.

Does your car have a single muffler now or dual? The 17733 is right for Northstar applications with dual mufflers.

If you have the single sidewats mounted muffler, you need a Camaro muffler which should fit perfectly.

I suppose you could install 2 of the 17733 like the Northstar cars have.

Yep, the 17733's are the ones for you then. They have a nice mellow tone and shouldn't be too loud under normal driving conditions but will give a nice powerful sounding growl under spirited driving. I'm sure you will enjoy them. Good luck!

Hmmm....now I'm a bit confused. I know for a fact that the 1998+ style has to be shorter. Maybe I have the part numbers wrong. Perhaps the 1992-1997 takes the 17748. I am trying to figure it out here.

hehe - take your time pal. Thanks for your help thus far. I now know I do NOT need/have two outlets.. :) I'll just be refreshing the page every 30 secs.. haha

-Eric

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

Archived