CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Newest Versions of Firefox

It seems many are having problems with Firefox 1.5.0.4 and 1.5.0.5 updates. Firefox also released a beta version of 2.01b. I installed 1.5.0.5 and the beta release. I was able to get things up and running but be aware that if you upgrade I suggest that you:

1. Close your firewall and spyware programs prior to upgrading; and

2. Once the upgrade is installed reboot the system.

Many, I think, are having problems upgrading because they are failing to shut down their firewall and spyware programs. However, there are so many problems, as demonstrated by Firefox's Support forum, it appears the FF upgrades are buggy. I suggest reviewing the Support Forum before you upgrade just to get an idea about what's going on.

I installed a bunch of Extensions with FF and I must say some of them are excellent.

If you upgrade-Good Luck!

On a related-but opposite-note, I'm running IE 7 Beta 3 at home and I'm rather impressed by the host of changes it made to the Internet experience. The most impressive was the exposure to ClearType. You can install it separate from IE 7, but until I downloaded the IE 7 beta, I didn't know it existed. The entire computing experience is so much better using ClearType. Unfortunately, it's not available for Windows 2000 (only XP), so I'm out of luck with my computer at work.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Another vote for IE 7. I have been using the beta versions as they have been released and M$ seems to be getting the message on tabbed browsing. Thanks to Firefox for applying the pressure.

IE 7 is reported to be ready for release before Dec. 31, but we know how M$ is with release dates.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived