CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Power window switch assembly

Hi! I'm not new here, but I changed my pc and lost my member info. Anyway, I'm almost positive I need a 2-button Master Switch Assembly for my '87 Coupe DeVille. I say 'almost' because I took the old module apart and cleaned the contactors. It shows the correct continuity, but it did that before I took it apart!? The problem is: the RH DOWN button does not lower the window. UP works fine. RH door switch works fine too. While working on it, connected, I could get some DOWN movement when the BROWN wire was 'jiggled'. Just some movement, not a steady lowering of the window. According to the SM schematic, that BROWN wire leads to the LH motor, so I'm confused. The TAN wire is supposed to be for the RH window. I haven't' found a replacement module yet. Anyone have similar experience/problem? I'd just like to verify that the problem is with the switch and not the wiring. Until recently the sw worked, but that window was a lot slower, in lowering, than it was when using the RH door switch? No corrosion on the wires/connections. Thanks, I appreciate your time/advice!

GM Reman 4.1 engine Dec '08

I was able to find a new replacement switch, online, and installed it this AM. Windows work properly now. Apparently the slowness of the Down on the RH side was caused by the faulty switch.

GM Reman 4.1 engine Dec '08

Archived