CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

alignment on 97 seville

ROCKnROLL

I have a 98 and had 4 tires installed last week.

I believe (like mine) you can have either a 2 or a 4 wheel alignment performed. I asked the shop to check the alignment of the rears and only adjust if necessary. They checked the rears and said they were within spec and only performed the front wheel alignment.

Many shops will try to sell you on a 4 wheel alignment (cause it's a lot more expensive) without checking if you really need it. On a front wheel drive you should rarly need a 4 wheel-alignment from normal driving....

In summary, have the shop check all 4 wheels and only perform the rear wheel alignment if necessary.....

Tom R.

1998 Cadillac STS with 102K Miles

Adding on....

According to the 1992 Seville/Eldorado service manual, wheel alignments should only be performed on the car with a full tank of gas. Apparently it makes a difference of some sort.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Archived