CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

02 dts help

Julio

Please check your current Diagnostic Trouble codes by using the procedure here:

http://www.caddyinfo.com/readingcodes.html

and then post them here in the forum in this thread.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Code pulled are:

c1214 Sys Solnd relay coil cntrl cir open

c1248 EBCM (no brk warning lamp though)

c1287 Steering wheel velocity undectable

Thanks for any help

Julio

My C1287 (history) was the steering wheel position sensor.

• 2 weeks later...

still looking for a fix on this, getting brake light on traction control lamp on and abs light on also message service stability control sys. All data has little to offer in isolation though it says all these codes are controled by the ebcm, I have good grounds pins f & g on the EBCM connector. Would the Steering position sensor cause the barake, abs and traction control lights to all light?

No longer getting the c1287 just c1214 and c1248 and I can not rest the codes using the info up and down on off.

Thanks for the help!

julio

still looking for a fix on this, getting brake light on traction control lamp on and abs light on also message service stability control sys. All data has little to offer in isolation though it says all these codes are controlled by the ebcm, I have good grounds pins f & g on the EBCM connector. Would the Steering position sensor cause the brake, abs and traction control lights to all light?

No longer getting the c1287 just c1214 and c1248 and I can not rest the codes using the info up and down on off.

Thanks for the help!

julio

YES,

Steering wheels sensor failures are common problems with these cars and they usually fail around 60-80,000 miles depending on how much turning you have done over the years.... and yes the steering sensor can trigger all kinds of other codes... When the BCM sees a bad sensor it turns off the Stability control system and this can trigger codes in the EBCM. Replace the Steering sensor, clear the codes and work from there.

Understand that you will almost NEVER see a "current" C1287... The way that the BCM tests this sensor is that the second it finds a fault, it turns off the Stability system and places the C1287 in history... if you have C1287 in history (or ever had) then the Steering sensor is done.

Another common issue with cars of this age is the ignition switch. multiple codes and mysterious module errors and shut down is an indication of an ignition switch that is on its last legs.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Archived