CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Knock Knock.....?

bigjayzway

Ok...

When I first start up the 98 STS, I get a knocking noise from the front drivers side of the motor.

If I give it a shot of gas, or just wait 20 seconds it is gone.

Does anyone know what this could be?

The oil is good, and fresh.

I am up in the air on this one?

Big Jay <_<

Life is too short to grow up!

What I have been doing is changing the oil taking my car on a straightaway putting it into 2nd gear, run up to 70 as fast as possible, let off the gas let the engine decelerate to 35 and repeat 5 times, noise gone..

If you do it without changing the oil make sure the oil level is acceptible, I never push the engine with the oil low.

I will safely say I can't possibly WOOP this car anymore than I do.

I only get the knock on start up, after that it is gone.

I can promise you I drive this car the way it was built to drive!

Even canadian95sts will tell you, he is always telling me I am a mad man, and maybe I should of stuck with the Deville.

I still haven't done a thing to this car since I baught it, other than change the oil.

Maybe the plugs need to be changed, but at $14.00 each, it is a little much for right now.

I don't know what it is?

Big Jay

It might be filter, oil or a combination of both. Might want to make sure you have a anti drain back valve on the filters you use. could be the make or type of oil will be the cause. Also you might want to do a oil pressure check. Mike

Jay, there is a specific way to woop on your car the method I mentioned was presented by a very knowledgeable person. The deceleration portion creates buffeting and negative pressure in the cylinder to blow carbon out, try the method that I presented above and get her up to 5500 rpm

Jay, there is a specific way to woop on your car the method I mentioned was presented by a very knowledgeable person. The deceleration portion creates buffeting and negative pressure in the cylinder to blow carbon out, try the method that I presented above and get her up to 5500 rpm

I will try this today Mike.

I will let you know.

Big Jay

I can't believe it!!!!!

It worked!

Thanks Mike :D

Big Jay

The bill is in the mail! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::blink::blink:

You know sometimes it would be worth it!

Big Jay

The bill is in the mail!   :lol:

Big Jay

We have benefited from terrific training here! Unfortunately the trainer used to come in and dot the I's and cross the T's, but sometimes we get lucky. I feel like I am working without a net however at times :blink::lol:

Was it ok this morning?

The bill is in the mail!   :lol:

Big Jay

We have benefited from terrific training here! Unfortunately the trainer used to come in and dot the I's and cross the T's, but sometimes we get lucky. I feel like I am working without a net however at times :blink::lol:

Was it ok this morning?

Yes it was!

There was no more knock. I am so happy! :D:D:D

Big Jay

Archived