CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Code p056 95 concours

Tshuburg1

:welcomesmiley:

If the code is intermittent, a P056 can be caused by electrical interference. Spark plug wires, a high powered CB radio, blower motor wires. Did you change the spark plugs or wires recently? You can check the blower motor wires and spark plug wires for interference.

This problem has been described as a $20 part that is $2,000 deep in the transmission.

Here's a better quote from Growe3 that describes it better:

The P056 error code is a fairly common error, of the Transmission Speed Input Sensor.

It is a small low cost part, deep in the transmission. If you do not have constant hard shifting, ignore it. The error is most often an intermittent problem.

One source of the error has been pretty much identified. The spark plug wires and/or the heater motor.

The wire loom that carries the transmission sensor is located at the fire wall, behind the spark plug wires. The wires have often been moved from their original location when the spark plugs have been serviced or for some other repair in that area.

Organize the spark plug wires in a neat manner. Pull them toward the coil pack and secure them with nylon tie strap(s).

Move the small wire loom at the fire wall as far away from the spark wires and the heater motor as you can and secure it with nylon tie strap(s).

I use black tie straps and they are pretty much invisible.

Clear the codes and hopefully it will stay away.

-George

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

I have not changed the plugs or wires, I ll check for electrical interference tomorrow. If that doesnt work would it be hard to replace the sensor myself? It does shift hard out of park. I dont have a cb radio, I do have a big stereo but its been shifting hard since before I but the stereo in.

Plug wires should be at least 1" from the blower motor. Finding and cleaning the plug to the tranny might help. As far as doing it yourself, the transmission has to come out or lowered to fix it, that is where your cost is. Here is a link to fixing it.

http://www.caddyinfo.com/pc0717.htm

There is also another thread where someone rigged something into the wiring harness to make up for the lost voltage.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/north...eed-help-2.html

Good Luck.

Archived