CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Service Brake lIght Switch

jndnaps

My 96 Eldo keeps getting the mess, Service Brake light Switch. I've unplugged it and cleaned the connections and it still comes on once in a while. How do these switches/sensors get replaced? Do I need to drain out any brake fluid to do that? Anyone here ever do this? Thanks for any help in advance.. John

1355177301_Caddy2.thumb.jpg.40dfc05e0861db8b3e74deec4f75cc76.jpg

OK, Sorry, I'm brain dead :blink: I wrote this all wrong.. I meant to say:

My 96 Eldo keeps getting the mess, "Service Brake Fluid Switch". I've unplugged it and cleaned the connections and it still comes on once in a while. How do these switches/sensors get replaced? Do I need to drain out any brake fluid to do that? Anyone here ever do this? Thanks for any help in advance.. John

"Service Brake Fluid Switch"

I'm not sure if yours is like mine, but on mine you just remove the electrical connector from the fluid level sensor switch. Then disconnect the fluid level sensor switch. Use needle nose pliers to compress switch locking tabs at inboard side of master cylinder.

You could also have a short to ground.

Jeff

98 Concours

90 Seville

04 Corvette

Thanks for the reply 98Concours, Where would this possible short to ground be? I'll check it out tomorrow. It was a little low on brake fluid and I added the proper kind and the rubber grommet was not deformed and in properly. I did tap on the master cylinder and blew out the plug and cleaned it and it did go off for a day or so. Not sure if that fixed it or if it was just a - co ink a dink :) AKA Coincidence :)

Hey Bill, Yes it was a little low. I did fill it up and it does still come on, Just doesn't stay on nearly as much and as long. I didn't have time to check it out today but will check it by monday. Thanks again for your help with the rear brakes on the DeVille..

98Concours, I was able to check it out today. Didn't find a problem with the ground wire. So, I went to the dealer and got the less than $9.00 Part and replaced it.. So far so good, the light is off.. I'll see how it goes in a few days... Thanks again for the info... :D

Archived