CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

check engine light on

Elias

Elias,

It's under the intake manifold and is about the size of a half dollar with one wire connected to it.

The manifold gaskets are silicone and can be reused as long as they don't pull out of the gasket carrier, or stick to the engine block when the manifold is removed.

• 2 weeks later...

Elias,

It's under the intake manifold and is about the size of a half dollar with one wire connected to it.

The manifold gaskets are silicone and can be reused as long as they don't pull out of the gasket carrier, or stick to the engine block when the manifold is removed.

thanks Jhall, but it's not there.

i have a 93 STS with the Northstar. i removed the intake manifold from the engine & cannot locate it. i found a 96 seville at the local U-pull-it yard & found it on that engine under the intake. is there any other place it couldbe located?

i have a code P132, which is the knock sensor circuit. can anyone tell me where the knock sensor is located?

Thanks

Elias

It is under the exhaust manifold on what would be the side nearest the firewall. It screws into the block and is as described, about the size of a half dollar coin, and stands away from the block about an inch. Just type in knock sensor on any of the on line parts suppliers like cskautoparts.com to see a picture.

Regards,

Jim in Phoenix

Archived