CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Ignition Control Module

Monaco500

Hey guys,

I put in the new PCM, and now the dealer says I need a new fuel pump and ignition control module (both very expensive). Still waiting on the fuel pump to come in for my car, but I have the module. It seems pretty straight-forward for replacement; is there anything I should be careful of? I'd rather do it myself rather than pay the dealer to install it...

Thanks,

Eric

Swapping the ICM is as simple as could be. Pull your negative bat. terminal. Rmove the plug wires paying attention to their location. Remove the two bolts on each coil pack and remove each coil pack. remove the connectors, and it lifts right off it's mounting posts. Reverse the process and you're rockin'.....hopefully. It's a pretty durable part, not too much to break or worry about. Just make sure you put the plug wires and coil packs back where they belong and all should be well.

Good Luck

--Ben

That's what I suspected; I'm glad to hear it's an easy job (the dealership wants another $60-$80 to put it in!!!) Thanks for your help!

Eric

Swapping the ICM is as simple as could be. Pull your negative bat. terminal. Rmove the plug wires paying attention to their location. Remove the two bolts on each coil pack and remove each coil pack. remove the connectors, and it lifts right off it's mounting posts. Reverse the process and you're rockin'.....hopefully. It's a pretty durable part, not too much to break or worry about. Just make sure you put the plug wires and coil packs back where they belong and all should be well.

Good Luck

--Ben

Archived