CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

no electrical power

I just aquired this 1997 Cadillac seville sts. I have been having trouble with the cooling fans not coming on and the tempurature getting hot.

I parked in my driveway as it was getting hot and turned the car off. I went to restart it and there is no dash display or juice to start the car.

The power door locks work, the trunk release works but nothing else. I checked all the fuses and they are all good. I have disconnected the battery and reconnected it to no results.

Any other suggestions?

I just aquired this 1997 Cadillac seville sts. I have been having trouble with the cooling fans not coming on and the tempurature getting hot.

I parked in my driveway as it was getting hot and turned the car off. I went to restart it and there is no dash display or juice to start the car.

The power door locks work, the trunk release works but nothing else. I checked all the fuses and they are all good. I have disconnected the battery and reconnected it to no results.

Any other suggestions?

Stupid question, but is the battery charged and the cables connectly tightly and in good condition? Trunk release and door locks don't take much juice........so they may work with a near dead battery or a faulty connection.

Any other suggestions?

The fans are probably one of the 3 relays associated with them, the ECT (engine coolant temp sensor), or a faulty PCM. That is provided the fans do actually work and don't have a bad motor. If the relays are checking out ok, you may just want to have the dealer look at that. Or if you get the power back on, let the car run and see if it shoots out some diagnostic codes. The ETC is located below the EGR valve, on the firewall side.

Thanks for the replys. It is a brand new battery from GM and there is no corrosion or loose wires. My initial diagnosis after checking the fuses,fans, and relays was a faulty PCM. I was told by the salvage yard that the PCM was probably good and it just needed reprogramed.

Just before I shut it off for the last time I was trying to retrieve the engine codes. I had a PCM code of 1660 current and po118 and po603 stored in the history. Any Ideas?

It is being towed to the dealer tomorrow and I let you guys know what it was.

Archived