CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Steering Wiggle or Oscillation

Emery

After hitting at bump at highway speeds my steering wheel rocks back and forth for a few seconds, then settles down. There's no pulling or irregularity on smooth surfaces. If I let go of the wheel after a bump I can watch the wheel rock back and forth.

post-3-1078761309.jpg

Emery

I suggest you search the old discussion forum archive. There are numerous postings regarding steering wheel vibration. To search the old archive, go to caddyinfo.com Home page and scroll down to Cadillac Information. There you will see "Old Board with Searchable Archive."

Mike

i had that problem befor, i lived with it for a while till i needed to get new tires. so when i went to the tire place they old me that my alinement was off by 3 degres ont the side i hit the bump. and in time if not taken care of your axels will go out. fist try checking your tires if no problem is found, try driving on a stright road and let go of the steering wheel if the car "leans" to the left or to the right its an alinement problem. and if it doesnt try balancing your tires. may it will fix it. just a thought. hope it works.

Archived