CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2002 Deville DTS

Greetings all,

After a long hiatus, I am in the process of buying another Caddy. Wondwering if there is anything I should know before buying a 2002 Deville DTS with 36K miles. Beautiful car, Black on Black, has everything but night vision and rear window shade. I sold my 92 Eldo ETC a year ago, and the wife wants a BIG Caddy. I am also quite far into the process of putting a 4.9 and overdrive tranny into my 87 Pontiac Fiero. Donor drivetrain form my 93 Eldo parts car. Any help or info would be appreciated.

Glad to be back on the board, Millwright71

Greetings all,

.... After a long hiatus, I am in the process of buying another Caddy. Wondwering if there is anything I should know before buying a 2002 Deville DTS with 36K miles. Any help or info would be appreciated....

The 2002 Deville engine / drivetrain benefits from on-going engineering updates.

Obtain as much historical service information as possible.

A 2002 model could be close to needing a coolant refresh regardless of mileage. You should plan to do that and I would add the coolant supplement at the same time if only for insurance (at some point during Northstar production, GM stopped including the supplement during assembly).

Follow the Owner's Manual recommendation for oil grade and service, and you can look forward to many hundreds of thousands of miles of happy motoring.

Buy the Service Manual if you are capable of any troubleshooting / repair service.

Enjoy!

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Greetings all,

.... After a long hiatus, I am in the process of buying another Caddy. Wondwering if there is anything I should know before buying a 2002 Deville DTS with 36K miles. Any help or info would be appreciated....

The 2002 Deville engine / drivetrain benefits from on-going engineering updates.

Obtain as much historical service information as possible.

A 2002 model could be close to needing a coolant refresh regardless of mileage. You should plan to do that and I would add the coolant supplement at the same time if only for insurance (at some point during Northstar production, GM stopped including the supplement during assembly).

Follow the Owner's Manual recommendation for oil grade and service, and you can look forward to many hundreds of thousands of miles of happy motoring.

Buy the Service Manual if you are capable of any troubleshooting / repair service.

Enjoy!

I Bought the car and plan on doing just what was suggested. I am also in the process of buying a service manual as it was indispensable in the repair of my Eldo. I plan on driving this car for many many years, and thank you very much for the reply.

Millwright71

Archived