CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Memory Seat Problem

The first possible cause I would eliminate is dirty, corroded or loose connections at the battery terminals and the battery negative - to - chassis connections under the rear seat.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Not to imply that you haven't covered off the obvious - but have you tried to re-program the memory buttons? Do they work o.k. with the key fob? When are you pushing the 1/2 buttons on the door? If in Park they should just require a single push - if in Drive they will only give you a quick repsonse as you explained you are getting now - you have to keep your finger on the 1/2 buttons when in Drive in order for the memory items to fully engage. Also, is it just the mirrors and seats not working correctly or is it the HVAC, steering column and stereo as well?

Tom R.

1998 Cadillac STS with 102K Miles

I have a new battery in my car. The car has been sitting for about 7 months in the garage and has not been started. Yes I tired to reprogram the memory button and it does not work. The HVAC and Stereo Work Fine but the steering wheel does not respond when i press the 1/2 button it only work when i turn the keep the steering wheel will move for a slight second and nothing else happen.

Archived