CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

TCS Temporarily Inhibited By PCM

What it means is the OBD thinks the ABS is not reliable enough to use for traction control.

As always, check the wiring and connectors as a first step. In your case, the EBTCM connectors and wiring would be the first of the first. Also involved are the PCM connectors, the ABS SOL fuse in the underhood junction box and the ABS fuse in the rear junction box (under the rear seat cushion). Bright, clean, and shiny connections are required.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Just one more first. Did you clear the code and did it return?? I did not mention this earlier because you had the DTC number and I just assumed you know how to retrieve and clear codes.

The EBTCM - Electronic Brake and Traction Control Module - is located in the bottom front left hand section of the engine compartment; accessible from the bottom.

The PCM - Powertrain Control Module - is in the engine air duct in front of the filter.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

If you over ehated the brakes, that message will appear as well. I did that once, while trying to outrun this stupid Acura that was messing with me. I had to make a few sudden, hard stops, and I got a message saying that my T/C system wwas temporarily unavailable, and I lost 1st gear. I got it home, and looked up the code that was set (don't remember which one) but it said that the PCM had calculated that rotor temperatures had exceeded osmething like 700 degrees Fahrenheit, and therfor were too hot for the ABS system to function properly. Once I let the car sit for a while, the brakes eventually cooled off, and all was fine. I'm not sure if thhis is what happened in your case, but it is possible. I was suprised when it happend to me, since I had braked harder, for longer preiods of time in the past and never had a problem. I guess maybe the conditions were just right (or wrong for that matter) to set the code. Anyway, good luck with the problem, hope you get it sorted out.

edit: I just looked it up and my code was C1238 - Brake Thermal Model Exceeded. Looks liek I'm not much help afterall....oh well.

....But my rotors have a lot of rust on them because it been sitting a long time.

Oh oh. You just opened a large can of possibilities for corrosion that you can't see.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived