CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

air ride

brewdoggy

Do you mean C0662, or C0660, or C0663? I don't know what a code 162 is.

The air compressor is buried above the RH muffler.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Do you mean C0662, or C0660, or C0663? I don't know what a code 162 is.

The air compressor is buried above the RH muffler.

your right it is a co662 code, levelcontrol exhaust valve circuit low, also is only a problem when it is cold out.is this repairable or do i need to replace pump?

C0662 - Level Control Exhaust Valve Circuit Low

Could be a chassis wiring problem or a failed valve. The compressor will have to come out in any case and the valve or head assembly can be serviced without replacing the complete compressor.

But this is a "level control" air bag type system that has nothing to do with the firmness of the shock. I would clear the code and monitor to see if it is set again before I started buying parts and pulling the compressor.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

C0662 - Level Control Exhaust Valve Circuit Low

Could be a chassis wiring problem or a failed valve. The compressor will have to come out in any case and the valve or head assembly can be serviced without replacing the complete compressor.

But this is a "level control" air bag type system that has nothing to do with the firmness of the shock. I would clear the code and monitor to see if it is set again before I started buying parts and pulling the compressor.

i have reset the code and it comes right back, what is really baffling is if it gets to 45 or 50 degrees out i dont have any problems at all, it really seems like it is bouncing at the rear drivers side, but not for sure it seems like driver bounces more than passenger if that makes sense, if it is a valve where could or should i get one? or should i just let dealer fix it, i hate paying for stuff i can do but it is cold here and i hate working on stuff until i know for sure. thanks for everyone input i really like the advise. pictures are welcome if anyone can help.

Archived