CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

97 STS Exhast Manifold?

gygmy

My wife's 97 STS has just started making a noise like the exhast manifold was shot. I did a search on exhast manifold and came up with squat. Anybody out there have to have one replaced. Whats involved. How long does it take, etc. Any replies would be truely appreciated before I take it into the dealer on Tuesday. Also, should you be able to move the top right engine mount with hand pressure. The rubber is intact and it looks sound. I was trying to track down a clunking noise. Car tracks fine and there is no abnormal tire wear so I've been thinking maybe mounts. I'm going to try the foot on the break rev test.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife's 97 STS has just started making a noise like the exhast manifold was shot. I did a search on exhast manifold and came up with squat. Anybody out there have to have one replaced. Whats involved. How long does it take, etc. Any replies would be truely appreciated before I take it into the dealer on Tuesday. Also, should you be able to move the top right engine mount with hand pressure. The rubber is intact and it looks sound. I was trying to track down a clunking noise. Car tracks fine and there is no abnormal tire wear so I've been thinking maybe mounts. I'm going to try the foot on the break rev test.

Turns out that an egr hose blew-out, thank god. It sure did make a noise just like the exhast manifold went out though. Funny thing, no idiot lights or codes. Is it just me?, or is everyone in CT driving at 80 mph in the slow lane on I95? A'int complaining, certainly get places faster.

Archived