CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Mystery Car

Spurlee

Last week I'm driving my girlfriend's 2004 Mercedes E-300 something (which is an OK car but should be a GREAT car for $60+K) when all of a sudden the headlights blink out. I'm figuring it will shut down soon so I get ready to pull off when they come back on...all is fine.

The last night I'm driving it home and the radio just shuts off. Blink. I turn it back on and it's fine for 3 minutes or so, then off again. We do this cycle for a while then it stays on.

This morning it greets me with a cheery "visit service facility" note on the DIC.

We'll see what happens on the ride home tonight. It's probably the battery, it cooked one earlier in it's life.

Meanwhile, my '96 Eldo just keeps chugging along.

Scott

Scott

1996 El Dorado

2006 STS

2000 Corvette

I made a promise to myself that I will never own another mercedes benz in my life, I purchased a pre- owened 2003 Mercedes E500 with 39,000 miles on it in October for 32K. Since owning it I have been in the mercedes dealership 8 times in 3 months for Various things (Ie. No start, Electrical Shorts, Radio not working, something with Tranny, Etc....) Now my current caddy is a 98 and in its life time has only been to the shop 3 times (Seat belt, Waterpump and Starter) Mercedes will never get any business from me for one there cars are WAY over priced and have way to many bugs in them. in the mercedes serivce area there are cars there for hours and hours waiting to be fixed, but when ever I need to bring the caddy most of the cars there are getting oil changes and service nothing major. So when anybody talks about mercedes being superior to cadillac all I have to say is B******T, just cause you pay 70k+ for a car doesnt make it any better then anything else

2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6L VVT Light platinum 39K miles

~Vogue VTXi Package - Corsa Exhaust - K & N Cold air intake - Blacked out tints

2004 Cadillac Escalade 6.0L all-whell drive Pewter 42k miles

~22" Tis 07 Rims - E&G Chrome Vertyical billet Grill - Limo tints - Tv's in the Visor and headrests

1990 Mustang GT Painted Cadillac Diamond White - 604 Rwhp

Family Cars:

2004 Cadillac XLR (Mom)

2005 Cadillac STS V8(Dad)

2000 Eldorado ETC (Brother)

Archived