CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2001 DTS DEVILLE

ZEUSSS

HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH THEY'RE 2001 DEVILLE DTS. WHILE COMING TO A STOP

MY CADDY WILL DIE. IT STARTS RIGHT BACK UP AND SEEMS FINE. SOMETIMES WHILE DRIVING

IT FEELS LIKE IT IS STUTTERING OR TRYING TO TURN OFF. PLEASE HELP BEFORE I SPEND MY SAVINGS

AT A DEALERSHIP.

ZEUSSS

Could be one of several faulty or failing sensors. Pull the trouble codes and tell us what you find.

Crankshaft position sensors seem to be the most common cause of this annoying inconvenience. Not a big deal to repair.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH THEY'RE 2001 DEVILLE DTS. WHILE COMING TO A STOP

MY CADDY WILL DIE. IT STARTS RIGHT BACK UP AND SEEMS FINE. SOMETIMES WHILE DRIVING

IT FEELS LIKE IT IS STUTTERING OR TRYING TO TURN OFF. PLEASE HELP BEFORE I SPEND MY SAVINGS

AT A DEALERSHIP.

ZEUSSS

Jim got it right. The CKP sensor is most likely the problem. My car had 5 of them installed by the dealer before I bought it. The Updated CKP sensors I put in have worked perfectly.

Yes, if you plan a DYI project make sure that the sensors the dealer sells you are labeled "Made In JAPAN" the ones made in Mexico are all crap.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Archived