CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Wheel question for Cardio-doc

scottshoe

I have two 18" STS wheels like you have on E-bay. I see that some have the "bolts" in between the spokes and some don't... is this a 2005 or 2006 thing? Or a mid-year change? Mine may be bent as they had some contact with a guardrail at Waterford Hills racetrack here in Michigan, but if I try to sell them I would like to know as much as I can about what I'm selling! The ones I have do have the screws (two between each spoke). ;) Thanks for any info... anyone!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delayed response. I've been so busy it's hard to find time to come to this site, plus that bonehead hacker had made a mess of sorts here.

There are FOUR (4) different yet extremely similar styles floating about in this new 18" optional wheel style that came out in 2005. First, you've got the polished finish optional 18" STS wheel WITH the studs. Then you've got a polished finish wheel in the same style WITHOUT the studs that is an option on the CTS for 2006. Third-up is a painted finish version of same which I've seen on the CTS. Lastly, you've got a CHROME version (without studs) which is an option on the DTS. Cadillac is keeping us on our toes. But these are all the derivations that I've seen. FYI - from what I see all are the same width - no staggered widths. Hope this helps.

cheers,

~Doc

I have two 18" STS wheels like you have on E-bay. I see that some have the "bolts" in between the spokes and some don't... is this a 2005 or 2006 thing? Or a mid-year change? Mine may be bent as they had some contact with a guardrail at Waterford Hills racetrack here in Michigan, but if I try to sell them I would like to know as much as I can about what I'm selling! The ones I have do have the screws (two between each spoke). ;) Thanks for any info... anyone!

No worries about response time, I was just curious about what I had. They are polished, with studs... but may be a pre-production wheel as the car was a test mule for American Axle that was being used to torture the all-wheel-drive components. I will probably screw one to the wall in my garage to roll up my car washing hose! B)

Archived