CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Head Gaskets on a 94 Northstar Deville

daveskipper

question, 94 deville concours, for sale I am looking at, blown head gasket probable, lots of blue smoke, rough idle, still lots of power, perfectly straight body and fully funtioning options as well as good leather. Is it worth a grand and fixing the head gasket myself? I have ample experience as a mechanic, never messed with the northstar. I will however have the Mitchell Repair manual.

The cooling appears to have been maintained, a lot of blue smoke and rough idle. Heavier smoke when accelerating. Car is not indicating any issues on the information system. I have read of the bolt repair kit in several locations. Will someone tell me about the probability of needing them, the causes and where to get them if required?

It does not really sound like a head gasket problem. It sounds more like stuck rings, or a badly overfilled crankcase and you are siphoning oil possibly by the PCV.

Regarding head gasket repair, below is a link to another Cadillac forum that contains some information passed on to another who is doing a head gasket repair job that may be helpful to you.

-George

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showt...61237#post61237

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

Archived