CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Battery- Alternator Starting

paxwax

Hi:

Car starts fine for weeks then suddenly it won't turn over, no interior lights, everything is dead. Had a parasistic test done at local GM dealers and had battery replaced. No luck. Problem has reocurred. Back to dealer and again no help. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Art

Similar problem this morning. Bought a new battery the day after Thanksgiving. No problems even on some -20(F) mornings. Go to start the car this morning, everything dead. Didn't even have enough power to unlock the doors. Dragged out the extension cord and charger. Heading home for lunch and hope the battery is charged.

This happened a few times on my 84 corvette. What the problem turned out to be was that the remote garage door opener was placed in the center console and was inadvertnetly pressing against the power seat switch. I'm not sure if power is removed from the seats from your vehicle upon exiting or is power there all the time. Another time I had a problem with a power antenna the relay wasn't working properly. Have you worked on anything electrical lately. Lastly, I started pulling fuses one by one while observing the battery with a good volt meter. A small drain would take about 7 to 10 days to drain a battery. Some newer car batteries when completely drained don't come back all the way after being re-charged.

Archived