CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

blower motor

wags

The blower motor on my 2001 SLS just started to make a lot of noise. It sounds like it is rubbing or a bearing. Does anyone know where the motor is located and how to get to it. I would like to look at it before taking it to the dealer for repair.

I looked for the blower motor last night. I think it is under the dash on the right side. The noise is a roar like a jet plane. Can anyone help with the way to access the motor or have an idea as to whats wrong with it ?

Here's the location and the how to's I posted one pic of the location

Good Luck

Jim

asts.jpg

Blower Motor Replacement

Removal Procedure

Remove the right side sound insulator. Refer to Closeout/Insulator Panel Replacement - Right in Instrument Panel, Gages and Console.

Pull back the carpet near the blower motor.

Remove the IP compartment. Refer to Compartment Replacement - Instrument Panel (I/P) in Instrument Panel, Gages and Console.

Remove the dash integration module from the bracket.

Remove the 2 rear dash integration module bracket screws.

Reposition the dash integration module bracket in order to remove the blower motor.

Disconnect the electrical connector (2) from the blower motor.

Remove the blower motor retaining fasteners (1).

Rotate and remove the blower motor from the vehicle.

Installation Procedure

Install the blower motor. The blower motor will need to be rotated in order to install the motor into the housing.

Install the blower motor retaining screws (1).

Connect the electrical connector (2) to the blower motor.

Reposition the dash integration module bracket to its original position.

Install the 2 rear dash integration module bracket fasteners.

Install the IP compartment. Refer to Compartment Replacement - Instrument Panel (I/P) in Instrument Panel, Gages and Console.

Reposition the carpet.

Install the right side sound insulator. Refer to Closeout/Insulator Panel Replacement - Right in Instrument Panel, Gages and Console.

Archived