CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hey Cadiking

JIMDTS

here's the how to's on the 99 seville

Cheers

Jim

I added a pic the pix in the manuals are in a bmp format so I have to make them into jpg. but this is the panel you remove I did just one pic it will get you in the ballpark.. It's not that bad of a job I did my sisters car it took about 20 minutes tops..

asf.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passenger Compartment Air Filter Replacement LHD

Removal Procedure

Remove the left sound insulator panel. Refer to Closeout/Insulator Panel Replacement - Left in Instrument Panel, Gauges and Console.

Twist the shift cable grommet and position away from the filter access cover. It may be necessary to cut the tie strap, slice and peel back the foam insulation to position the shift cable grommet out of the way to access the filters.

Remove the filter access cover (1). Push down, then pull out.

Remove the tape on the first filter.

Remove the first filter by pulling the filter tab.

Remove the tape on the second filter.

Remove the second filter by pulling the filter tab.

Remove the third filter by pulling the filter tab.

Installation Procedure

Important

Lubricate the new filter guides with a spray silicon for ease in installation. Keeping the filters as straight as possible when installing will aid in installation.

Install the first filter into the HVAC module assembly.

Use the tab or a long screwdriver to raise the filter, so that the leading edge catches on the holding rib inside of the filter case.

Install the second filter in the tab of the first filter.

Slide the second filter into the remaining channels of the first filter.

Raise the filters, so that the leading edge catches on the holding rib inside of the filter case.

Install the third filter in the tab of the second filter.

Slide the third filter into the remaining channels of the second filter.

Fold the second filter tab down and the third filter tab up over the second.

Install the filter access cover (1).

Reposition the shift cable grommet. If the insulation was peeled back, it will be necessary to restrap the foam back into the original position.

Install the left sound insulator panel. Refer to Closeout/Insulator Panel Replacement - Left in Instrument Panel, Gauges and Console.

Jim DTS,

Thank you for the reply...

I only ention it because I was scared off by previous posts warning

of the trouble it is to change.

Looks like I will have to HAVE MY SON give it a try! :lol::lol:

He will love this one!

thanks again and happy father's day!

Cheers to you!

Hi Cadking

Actually the whole job took just under an hour most of that time was hunting down the tools a new tape for the filters but if you had all the tools at hand it would be a 2o minute job My son comes over takes tools and don't put them back in the tool box so I have to hunt around to find them He ahs always done that ever since he was a little boy I tell him hey you can use my sh-- but put it back where it belongs.He will work on his cars take a 5 gallon bucket or milk crate and just chuck the tools in the bucket or milk crate and I have to dig for stuff. He usually does this when I'm not home. Too lazy to wipe up the tools and put them back in the tool box. When I notice this I'll make him go out to the garage and put it back. He does put them back I know he don't like me getting on him about this.He's just in a hurry to go jerking around with his little buddies..Last time he did this I made him wipe down all the tools in my tool box And I know I put some of them away dirty i was in a hurry I just blamed him to pay him back for his BS..

Cheers

Jim

Hi Cadking

Actually the whole job took just under an hour most of that time was hunting down the tools a new tape for the filters but if you had all the tools at hand it would be a 2o minute job My son comes over takes tools and don't put them back in the tool box so I have to hunt around to find them He ahs always done that ever since he was a little boy I tell him hey you can use my sh-- but put it back where it belongs.He will work on his cars take a 5 gallon bucket or milk crate and just chuck the tools in the bucket or milk crate and  I have to dig for stuff. He usually does this when I'm not home. Too lazy to wipe up the tools and put them back in the tool box. When I notice this I'll make him go out to the garage and put it back. He does put them back I know he don't like me getting on him about this.He's just in a hurry to go jerking around with his little buddies..Last time he did this I made him wipe down all the tools in my tool box And I know I put some of them away dirty i was in a hurry I just blamed him to pay him back for his BS..

Cheers

Jim

Ditto... to the letter...

Ditto...

Ditto...

Ditto...

Wait a minute, is his name Jonah?

No?...Thought he might have too families!!!!! :lol::lol:

Thanks again Jim!

Hi Cadking

Close my son's name is Jack at least they both start with the letter J It was my grandfathers name too that's how he was named jack due to lack of a better name at the time..When he was born my wife and I agreed if it was a girl my wife could pick the name if a boy i picked the name so I put my dad's and granddad's name in a hat and let my wife pick & gramps won..

I guess Kid's are kids..

Cheers

Jim

Hi Cadking

Close my son's name is Jack at least they both start with the letter J It was my grandfathers name too that's how he was named jack due to lack of a better name at the time..When he was born my wife and I agreed if it was a girl my wife could pick the name if a boy i picked the name so I put my dad's and granddad's name in a hat and let my wife pick & gramps won..

I guess Kid's are kids..

Cheers

Jim

Jim,

Good fortune to you and your son.

Enjoy him as long as you can.

I love your Caddy. :wub:

now about the focus on that camera! :lol:

Hi Cadking

I do enjoy my son most of the time but sometimes he can be a pain in the a--.

As far as the camera it's operator error I just point and shoot. These digitals are mush easier than the old 35mm or 50mm cameras that i learned on I still think the oder ones take better pix but some of these new high end digitals do a real nice job You enjoy your son too.Sounds like you have a nice cadillc Heck they all are nice.. For the price they offer a lot of bang for the buck My wife does not like the newer cadillacs She says it's a dollled up pontiac She like the older body styles..But she does like the new sts so maybe I'll get rid of her deville and look into one of those but I know she wont like the ride of the new one Every time she gets in my car she will mention this cadillac is a dolled up pontiac or chevy even the mirror is cheap She is referring to the vanity mirror in the right visor Then say the old ones were better in the other cadillacs you had Go figure women a couple dollar mirror is the things they notice,,I think she just don't like the size it's a little on the small side but I never look at them(vanity mirror) so it a non issue to me.

ANd happy fathers day.

Thanks

Jim

Hi Cadking

I do enjoy my son most of the time but sometimes he can be a pain in the a--.

As far as the camera it's operator error I just point and shoot. These digitals are mush easier than the old 35mm or 50mm cameras that i learned on I still think the oder ones take better pix but some of these new high end digitals do a real nice job You enjoy your son too.Sounds like you have a nice cadillc Heck they all are nice.. For the price they offer a lot of bang for the buck My wife does not like the newer cadillacs She says it's a dollled up pontiac She like the older body styles..But she does like the new sts so maybe I'll get rid of her deville and look into one of those but I know she wont like the ride of the new one Every time she gets in my car she will mention this cadillac is a dolled up pontiac or chevy even the mirror is cheap She is referring to the vanity mirror in the right visor Then say the old ones were better in the other cadillacs you had Go figure women a couple dollar mirror is the things they notice,,I think she just don't like the size it's a little on the small side but I never look at them(vanity mirror) so it a non issue to me.

ANd happy fathers day.

Thanks

Jim

JimDTS,

I was just giving you some crap about the camera... :lol:

I'm just jealous 'cause you have such a beautiful car!

Myself, I'm now hooked on Caddy's forever, I think!

(Unless Guru Starts up "VetteInfo.com".) :lol:

My STS's active suspension is the seller for me...

I cannot wait to try the newer MagnaRide!

Maybe when Jonah and my youngest are done with college. Again, LOL...

I enjoy my one son more than all three of my darling daughters conbined!

Two of whom are now pregnant! (Two more grandsons on the way!)

He, too , can be a real pain in the *smurf*...

My son and I go to a lot of Nascar, Indy, any kind, of races all summer.

We snowboard like crazy all winter.

We do WOT together all the time!

Enjoy, Happy Father's Day, and Cheers to you all!

I know you were kidding but the cameras I use have sure been beat up a lot drop checked several times I also have a daughter when she was younger she sure was much worse than my son but she turned out great. When she was 16 17 I was living and working in Europe My wife could not handle her while living in the united states so She lived with me for a year in Europe I had to lay down the law real quick I even picked her up from school every day just to monitor what she did I told her if you don't straighten out and fly right Next step is a home for wayward children after I give you the leather goods "A belt in the mouth and a boot in the A--"..Next step is the home. It worked .. She did great in collage Now she has a good job and family of her own.

Cheers

Jim

Archived