CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cleaned up the A/C condenser

JIMDTS

I just spent the last hr. picking all the small stones and debris out of the A/C condenser cooling fins Getting those small stones out takes some time picking them out with a small knife then just for cosmetics i gave it a very light coat of flat black paint looks like new

Then I changed the cabin air filter I'm running out of things to do on the car just trying to get everything as it should be.. Thats enough for today..

Jim

After the little dusting of paint the end result the devilles are easy to get at I just took and old piece of carboard and used that as my shield so I didn't blow paint all over. The condenser looked funky before cleaning it up..Now it's ok..Maybe at best I'll get a 1/2% better air flow after cleaning the condenser..

Cheers

Jim

DSCN2896.jpg

Hi Willie Hank

VBG,I already did that Actually it was clean but before i took the pic I wiped the cluster lens with a kleenex tissue and it left all that funk on the lens A rag or towel and some windex works best..After I seen the pic I cleaned it up I was too lazy to take another pic after the clean up.. Actually I'm not too concerned about the dash at this time I'm waiting on a new top panel for the dash after it's installed then I keep the dash clean

Jim

I just spent the last hr. picking all the small stones and debris out of the A/C condenser cooling fins Getting those small stones out takes some time picking them out with a small knife then just for cosmetics i gave it a very light coat of flat black paint looks like new

Then I changed the cabin air filter I'm running out of things to do on the car just trying to get everything as it should be.. Thats enough for today..

Jim

Jim,

Just to let you know, they make a tool for

straightening the fins on air conditioners and

cooling fins...kind of like a comb to straighten

the fins...also pulls out the debris...

Cabin filter! Did the changing of the cabin

filter yourself...was it almost impossible, or

have you discovered the secret to replacing

the cabin filter??( and the holy grail)

How much for all three sections?

Hi Cadiking

I know they make a tool and I have one but I borrowed it to one of my uncles and you know how that goes..I have to hunt hime down to get it back..Shoot he had it so long he probably thinks it's his. Every time I borrow him tools I can kiss that tool goodbye He's in his 80's and when you ask for your tool back He will mention wasn't that was my tool. So I just let it pass and go purchase another tool Heck I don't even ask for tools back any more..He sure has a nice collection of snap on tools that I used to own,,

The cabin filter on the newer devilles is real easy under a 5 minute job they have an access panel on the right side of the cowl just 2 small clips you push with yor finger to remove it the one small clip on the left side of the filter tray VERY easy on the slide the old one out then new one in then just pop the cowl panel on..the filter wa 35 bucks at the local auto parts but it was the original one so it was time to change this one and was real dirty but I'm sure I could have just blew out the funk and it would have been fine Here's a pic of the location on the deville..

Cheers

Jim

cabinfilter.jpg

JimDTS,

I have a son whose collection of Crafstman is quite impressive too!

He's the same way about the tools, til I point out the little 'jmk'

Vibro-Etched into the handle...I told him, if I'd have known his

name before he was born, I would have just etched HIS initials into

my tools to save him the arguement... :lol::lol:

Oh well, only one son, he's going to get all the tools anyway...

Have a good day, and remember, always wipe the cluster lense with

a dampened towel, lest you scracth it!

Archived