CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Here is the legend. This is from my 96 manual in case the sensor has been moved, your engine is quite different than mine on the top end. Mike

Hows the car running for you? That overheating problem you had is gone once you cleared the bleed line?

post-3-1117857094_thumb.jpg

Hey Scotty,

Thanks for the diagram. Sorry i didn't reply sooner. It's been one of those crazy weeks. The car is running fine since i cleared out the blockage no more overheat. I noticed the code P073 on Thursday after running the A/C for the first time in the year that i had the car. Even with the A/C on it never Overheated, the hottest it got was 230-degrees. I also keep getting the P036-EGR Pintle needle code. I have cleaned that thing many times. I think i might have to get a new one.

Is the PO73 code History or Current?

If it is History you may want to Reset it and see if it occurs again.

You may want to also go into Data and monitor the sensor. It reads tempature.

If you want directions on how to do this I will look it up for you.

Vince P

Hey Vince,

The code showed up as history. I was wondering if turning on the A/C had something to do with it. I cleared the code, and so far it has not showed up again.

I would appreciate it, if you can look up the directions on how to monitor this.

Thanks

Jeffrey.

Rollingthunder,

I have had the same condition for about a year. Sometimes it comes on as History a few times a day, sometimes I get no message for 3 weeks. When I check the DATA (tempature), everything is fine. It seems to not have any negative effect. It is just annoying.

What actually trigers the code is the amount of time it takes to go up the degree scale.

I though about taking the connecter off and cleaning it. It is a real pain to get to. It is even hard to see. It is located on left side of the engine, screwed into the head. If you draw a line straight from the throttle body towards the driver's seat, then make 90 degree turn twards back part of the heat you will hit it. Get a flash light an shine in on the back top of the Right head (drivers side) from the top of the engine compartment, and move the flashlight back and forth you will see the wire and a back connector (about 1 inch in diameter).

I would leave it alone.

Vince P

Archived