CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Same Ol crap???

These are the codes that showed up PC1520, PC1599, PC1632, RS0038, RS0060, RF2560, when i checked my DTC's, no new ones since my last post.

This is my problem while driving my 96 Deville with 98,000 miles it decides to turn off on me, it's happen to me three times today I pull over let it chill, then it starts up right again.

I had a problem with my cooling system it was leaking from the throttle body, the hose had a tear in it, it leak alot in that area, i fixed the hose, it ran sweet till the turning off problem came about, any relation???? THANKS for any input in advanced...

Crankshaft Sensor--did you replace it. My brother had the same problem with his 92 Park Avenue. It turned out to be the crankshaft sensor. I think the problem went something like the sensor was not able to accurately detect crankshaft rotation and was throwing off timing, which caused stalling. The stalling would occur only after the engine was at operating temperature. He would wait about 20 minutes and it would start. This would happen on a fairly regular basis until the problem was finally pinned down to the crankshaft sensor.

You can find a list of codes here http--www.caddyinfo.com-1996stsdtclist.htm

PC1520-Transmission Range Switch Circuit... (check your last thread)

P1599-Engine Stall or Near Stall Detected...My fuel pump was on its way out and about once a week I would stall...The only code that came up was this one....how long do you have to wait untill you can start (after stall?)

Im not sure if the Trans range switch will affect the car while it is in operation....From what I've read its mainly a start-up problem. Not sure how to fix Trans Range Switch...Hopefully someone else can chime in....Also it's usually best to update a thread instead of posting a new one....Helps provide everyone with a timeline of events...Good luck!

A.J.

When you try and start it, does it want to turn over? or is it just dead? Its sounds like your fuel pump MAY be going bad. However since you are throwing the trans. range code I would suspect that is the source of the problem. Do you have a factory service manual? If not you need to get one ASAP....www.helminc.com

Also are you getting a SES light?

MAC- My parents had a 98 Durango that would stall intermittently. You would just be driving along and then all of a sudden.....nothing. Very scary. Then you would go to start it and the engine would be dead..no cranking no nothin'. Wait a minute or 2 and she would fire right up.... Turned out to be the crankshaft position sensor. SJDeVille...this could be your problem...However I think you would be throwing a code...right guys?

A.J.

$700? Well they probably wanted about $450 for them pump/sending unit, then add in labor...Probably not 2 bad. However I did mine for about $250 (price of the OEM AC Delco pump/sending unit....likely the same one you got..) You could have bought the pump, service manual, and a whole bunch of tools, and still probably came out under $700...If you had done it yourself...It's not that hard to replace. It was the my first repair EVER and man can you save some $….also try gmpartsdirect.com if you ever need pricing info.on a car....Really wasn't that hard...Just follow the illustrated steps in the Svc. Manual...

A.J.

Archived