CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Anti-Lock light

ConductorDS

A couple months ago, my anti-lock light came on right after I washed the car, wheels, and tires. It stayed on for about a month, but then it started going on/off intermittently. About a week ago it went off and stayed off for about a week. Today it was back on again for a drive to the store, but was off on the way back. The ABS function works when the light is off and dosen't when it is on. (I've tested it in the MI snow). What do you think may be the cause? Could it be a loose connection? Thanks

Your guess is problably right. There are connectors on all four wheels at the calipers I believe. You can't miss em there pretty much the only electronic plug in the area. Most likely a loose connection check for loose wires or broken plugs. Unfortunatly I don't think there is anyway to tell which corner is causing the problem. So you just have to guess. I would have the car running and simply jiggle the connectors and have someone see it the light is coming on and off. The only thing that comes to mind is wheter you had any work done around the same time the problem first started. For example if you had the rear brakes done around the same time that would be good indication that whoever did them might have dameged the plugs in the rear. Anyways hope that helps.

A couple months ago, my anti-lock light came on right after I washed the car, wheels, and tires. It stayed on for about a month, but then it started going on/off intermittently. About a week ago it went off and stayed off for about a week. Today it was back on again for a drive to the store, but was off on the way back. The ABS function works when the light is off and dosen't when it is on. (I've tested it in the MI snow). What do you think may be the cause? Could it be a loose connection? Thanks

There's a good chance it's just a dirty or loose connection at a wheel sensor. It's easy to find out which one..With the key on, push the 'off' and 'warmer' (red) button on the climate control, at the same time. Hold them down untill the panel 'blinks' and begins to read out. If there are any fault codes stored, they will read out now, with 'H' for history, and'C' for current. Write these down. At the end of the string, the readout will prompt you with a 'PCM?', just push the 'Auto' button (or turn the key off) to reset.

One or more of these codes may lead you to which corner's wheel sensor is acting up. For example, it will have a 'RR' (right rear) in it when decipherd. To analyze the codes, you can go to the 'FAQ' section on the home page here, or post the results, and someone on this board will likely help.

I've had your symptoms happen twice on my STS's after minor brake work. The problem was simply a loose plug. The codes readout lead me to which corner.

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Archived