CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Power module R/R

JIMDTS

Since the newer power modules are removed from the bottom of the car. When you drop them down to remove the engine.You also are dropping the front struts along with the cradle.

Now my Question Since the struts are down with the module will this affect the front end alignment. I know it is supposed to all just bolt back up but I'm thinking there is a very good chance it would throw the front end out of alignment. In theory it should all bolt up but I suspect it could effect the cars allignment after it all bolted back up..

Any ideas..

Jim

Hi Evryone

I guess it does or can I checked the service manual and one of the checks after it's all bolted up is check the alignment. darn I should have read the manual first...

Just doing my homework on what to look for after the engine is R/R..The darn car is all in perfect alignment. I just had it all aligned not too long ago darn maybe I'll get this car in top shape one day..

Jim

If I am not mistaken, the carriages that I have seen dropped out they disconnect the steering knuckle at the ball joint, and the strut assembly is still hanging from the body. If that is the case, no re-alignment would be required.

Hi Scotty

Maybe on some but on 01 deville they drop from the top of the strut tower the whole strut comes out to drop the module to get at the engine.. I'm just doing my homework on what to expect after the power module is R/R..I would hate to pull out and have the car out of alignment and have to go back to correct this ..

Or have to pay for another alignment that I just had done last month .

Jim

Archived