CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Plugs & wires

I must say I need to pat myself on the back . I completed it in 1 1/4 hours start to start up . I cheated a little though . I dismantled & removed coil block . Pulled all wires completely ( motor block & coil block are numbered ... connect the dots) . I replaced all eight plugs then rewired & put all the looms , shields , clips , etc on . Once plugs where out they where in hideous condition . They where AC/Delco model 900 ................. where they platinum with tiny tips like 41-950 have ......if so all tips had disappearred they had little flat electrodes like standard plugs . AC model 900 are they original from 1994 ........ if so 104400 isn't too bad .

just purchased 95 seville sls. got to change wires and appreciate your info. can you add a little more :rolleyes: what type wires did you use and what brand or number plugs did you use? figured the job was gonna be a bugger. two of my wires have electrical tape and know they need changing. starts a bit hard. turns over too long :angry: hope this will be a fix.

I changed my plugs an wires in the shop at school a two weeks ago. I have to say, it was easier than it looked. It took me about an 1 1/2 hours to get it done, and start the car. I also removed the entire coil pack, and assembled the new spark plugs on top of my tool box before puttin ghtem in. Having everything ready to go, makes it so much easier.

Mine still has some of the platinum tips left on them. The gaps weren't too far off, but some of them were kind of corroded, from oil and stuff. The plugs also showed alot of carbon tracking, where it was arcing to the engine.

Afte I replaced the plugs and wires, the car ran much smoother, and is more powerful now. I get better acceleration, and it also rev more easily. I had 70k miles on the plugs and wires, but I figured it was time for new ones.

bagzz, you should use the AC Delco Spark plugs and wires. Anything else, will mroe than likeyl hurt engine performance, rather than help.

The spark plug part# is 41-950 The plug wire set part# is 748j

I've found that Rock Auto http://www.rockauto.com/ seems to have the cheapest prices for both.

The plugs are $5.66 each and the wire set is $118.79.

Good Luck with your car. ;)

I used AC Delco 41-950 plugs from Autozone at $5.99 each but I chinced on wires I got there Ultra fire lifetime wires for $ 59.99 . I'm happy it idles a lot smoother but I think I still need to replace the cat now it's starting to rattle . I'm debating going w/ new struts too to tame the "boating" ..... I just have to do a little at a time as the $$$ come in . I just spent the savings account on a van for my wife so the caddy may just keep being run as-is for a while . B)

SOOOO, how does it feel? Any more power, pep, smoother?

As far as pep it was never lacking it just idled rough at stop in gear . On the way home tonight I got a little wot on the on ramp to merge , fun fun . But I think I startled a guy in a WRX because he would not even try to pass me he just kept behind :blink::rolleyes:

Archived