CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

TURN INDICATOR

MY LEFT TURN INDICATOR SELF CANCELLING FEATURE STOP WORKING LAST WEEK. THE RIGHT TURN IS WORKING JUST FINE. HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM OR KNOW WHAT KIND OF MESS THIS IS TO FIX ? THANKS.

Is the problem with your 98 ETC? If the problem is the turn signal switch, replacing it is possible but somewhat time-consuming. I had to replace mine not too long ago. If the switch has to go just make sure you by an OEM part. Don't by an aftermarket part.

No major problems. Just make sure you have all the tools. One thing I suggest is to cut the defective turn signal out as close to the mechanism as possible and use the old wiring to pull the new harness down the steering column. Some plastic packing tape is what I used to tape the new harness to the old wiring because it’s thin and strong. Whatever you do, don't try to splice the new switch into the old wiring. First, it's not the right way, but also, pulling the new wiring down the steering column is not so difficult. Also, take care to properly disable the air bag.

Archived