CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Condensation

Bill

I've got condensation in my Tail-Light every time I wash the car, I guess the seal is broken? Does anybody have a solution, other than replacing the taillights?

Due to micro fractures in the aging plastic, water getting into the lens chamber and condensing is a fairly common occurrence to these taillights. One sure way to stop this from repeating is to take a 1/8" drill and open four holes evenly spaced underneath, and along the bottom edge of the lenses. Make sure you drill only through the first layer of the lens plastic into the chamber, but NOT into the second lens. This will open up the chamber to air and allow it to drain and dry. I've had to do this to two of my STS's and it has worked great over the long run.

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

I have had that problem on my 93 since I bought it. I have tried the hole drilling trick to no avail. The only positive thing that the holes did is that the light assembly does not fill up with water now and short out my sockets and bulbs. I also have a 95 SLS...same problem, but I just told the body shop to replace them.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

Archived