CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Radio Issues

AaronM

I have the non-Bose :( stereo system in my '92 STS. The sound on the left side of the car is a lot louder than on the right side. The balance seems to be messed up. There aren't any balance adjusters that I can find on it. Does anyone know how to fix this? This is driving me nuts, haha! :rolleyes:

Thanks!

-Aaron

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

Is there no balance control on the radio? That is odd...

That is what I thought! I checked the manual and didn't find anything. The only sliders I have are for treble and bass. Lets just say that the non Bose stereo is not very high tech, haha.

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Aaron,

I'm with Scotty on this... :blink:

Could someone have removed the "balance control ring" from behind the tuner or volume knob?

I don't know the radio model, but maybe the stepped-shaft control stalk (sheese, say that 6-times fast) has been disassembled a bit?

I know you're a "16 year old male" and are following time-incarnate, gender traits of "not reading instructions", but sneak another long peek at the "owner's manual" just don't let anyone catch you in such a moment of weakness. ;)

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Aaron,

I'm with Scotty on this... :blink:

Could someone have removed the "balance control ring" from behind the tuner or volume knob?

I don't know the radio model, but maybe the stepped-shaft control stalk (sheese, say that 6-times fast) has been disassembled a bit?

I know you're a "16 year old male" and are following time-incarnate, gender traits of "not reading instructions", but sneak another long peek at the "owner's manual" just don't let anyone catch you in such a moment of weakness. ;)

Thanks for the reply! I will check to see if I have a ring around one of the knobs. I don't remember seeing anything. If I don't see it, I will post a picture of my radio and see if anyone else can tell if it was removed.

Thanks!

Aaron

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Oh geez. Now I feel blonde! The balance ring was behind the volume and it is all fixed now. Thanks for the help! Now I feel stupid, haha!

Have a great day!

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Oh geez. Now I feel blonde! The balance ring was behind the volume and it is all fixed now. Thanks for the help! Now I feel stupid, haha!

Have a great day!

:lol: Well I have to give you 100% credit for coming back and admitting it! :lol: As you get older and your eyes begin to fail, it will get worse, the other day, my 7 yo daughter showed me how something works... :blink: Of course my wife got a kick out of that!

Archived