CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Bear Brakes

MIke D

Does anyone have Bear Brakes on their car? Does anyone know if they even make them for the Seville? Does anyone know their website? Does anyone know the winning lottery numbers for saturday... I am asking too much aren't I?

It's time to do rotors and pads so I am just toying with upgrades. I know delco rotors are about $100 a piece. Duralast are $40. and some crappy ones are $17. I looked into crossdrilled and sloted and have read the posts on this site.

I am not too concerned blowing through pads every 30,000 miles if I get a big improvement on stopping power. I know that the brakes are really limited to the contact of the tires to the ground... But if I am running larger tires would I get a big improvement with more pad/rotors?

Talk to me... Mike D

Cop didn't see it, I didn't do it!

93 STS 225,000 Miles

99 STS 111,000 Miles

Baer Brake's Website

The only Cadillac system that they make is for the CTS. They also list part numbers for 1994-1996 Impala SS and Roadmaster but I was a betting man, I'd say they would work on the 1994 - 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood. You would have to call them up and ask if they make just single products such as pads or rotors for older model Caddy's such as the STS. Hopefully they do cause I want some too.

Spence

Some where on the caddy info home page is a link to a bear system that fits the DTS, but apparently fits the STS also. here's the link I found http://www.angelfire.com/stars/mycaddy/baerbrakes.htm

I think it's sold through XMS Racing who has a link to caddy info.. There is a name and a number, but I've never called before, so I'm not sure if that guy is still there, or if they even still sell it. If you call, let us know how it goes. Good Luck.

edit: I think it's only for the 1998-2003 STS, but I'm not entirely sure on that.

Hmmmm, that sounds like an option!

I hope they will work on the pre-1998s. With my new wheels, the exposed stock brakes look sort of punny.

Assuming they are reasonable, I'd definetly consider bolting them up.

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

Archived