CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Installed An AIR HORN!

AaronM

My old horns on my car stopped working. So, I tested to see if there was any power running to them. They still had power! Instead of just buying new horns, I decided to buy a set of air horns, haha! That was a fun project! I had to wire them all up and mount them. The kit came with a mini air compressor to power them. I will try to take a little picture of the setup later. It is very ghetto! I used probably twenty zip ties, haha. I didn't want to drill into anything to mount them. Installation took about two hours. I had to figure out how to wire up the relay correctly. If I had to do it again, I could probably cut the time in half.

The new horn sounds pretty cool! It sounds like a semi truck, just a little higher pitched. It is rated at 135+ dB I might go back and buy a set of the original horns as well and install those too. Watch out! :D

Total cost was about $20. $15 for air horn from eBay and $5 for wire and connectors.

Here is the picture!

post-3-1107014616_thumb.jpg

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

The only thing I don't like about kits like yours is the "wind-up" as the horn comes on . I prefer my work trucks instant blast when I pull the cable . If I ever figure how to run a real compressor of my serpentine belt I'm putting a set of the "train" horns on my Caddy ;)

I know what you mean! It takes about a half a second to spool-up. :rolleyes:

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

Archived