CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Ghost in the Fuel Tank & ICM problems!

taiorlvb

Hello Cadillac Friends:

I have been trying to fix a rough idle problem on my 94 SLS Northstar, since early December, and just can't figure it out. The car has 53500 miles on it, and ran with no problems prior to this. This problem just appeared one day when I started it up. Is there a way to test the ICM's (old and new) at an Auto Parts Store?

I've changed out the ICM with a new one, and I'm still getting the following codes: P023, P030, P035, P053, P083, P095 -- all in "history", with P025 as current.

Prior to replacing the ICM with the new one, I recorded the following codes:

P023, P053, P083, P095 -- all in "history", with P025 as current.

How do I test, and fix the P025 (24X Reference Signal Low) current code? I've done a "tap test" on the PCM with no difference. And, I've also noticed that the fuel guage is not working properly. It seems to register the fuel in the tank periodically. It's almost like it has a ghost in the tank - Ha Ha.

P023-Ignition Control Circuit Problem

P025-24X Reference Signal Low

P030-Idle Seed Control (ISC) RPM Out of Range

P035-Ignition Ground Voltage Out of Range

P053-4X Reference Signal Interrupt From ICM

P083-24X Reference Signal High

P095-Engine Stall Detected - (I pulled the ICM plug while the car was running)

Has anyone else experienced problems like this before? Any help, that anyone can offer, would be most appreciated! Thank you in advance for your time!

Sincerely, Vincent

I think you should start search from code P035, cause I beleive it's possible the bad ICM ground or something like that. It can lead to multiple electrical problem. Ground points can look fine. The best think is unscrew, clean and screw back.

I just wanted to say Thank You, to those that offered help! I appreciate it very much! I was lucky enough to get a diagram, of the grounding points, for the 94 SLS Northstar. I will start withthat, and let you know how I do! Thanks again! Vincent

I just wanted to say Thank You, to those that offered help! I appreciate it very much! I was lucky enough to get a diagram, of the grounding points, for the 94 SLS Northstar. I will start withthat, and let you know how I do! Thanks again! Vincent

Archived